Moving Out of Jacksonville, FL
PCS Orders to Leave Jacksonville, FL
Life in the military is usually full of change. Just when you start to feel settled in your home and city, you get PCS orders to leave. We understand. At Hover Girl Properties, our staff is mostly retired military or military spouses. We are committed to helping military families deal with every kind of move, whether it’s into the Jacksonville area or leaving it.
When you or your spouse get PCS orders to leave Jacksonville, we can help. Here is our step-by-step process to help you relocate out of Jacksonville.
Do You Want to Rent or Sell?
The first decision is what to do with your current property - should you rent it or sell it? This is a very personal choice based on your specific situation, family, and plans for the future. We can help you make this decision by discussing the following:
- The bottom line if you decide to sell. We’ll run a net proceeds sheet that includes everything from your current mortgage payoff to miscellaneous closing costs to help determine what you could walk away with if you sell your property, whether it be a house, condo, or townhouse.
- Potential rental income if you decide to rent. We’ll compile and send you a list of homes in the area similar to yours and what they are renting for so you can get an idea of what your property could command in rent.
- Your neighborhood. Is the neighborhood where you currently live appreciating or depreciating in value? This is an important element to look at to understand how both your sale price and rental rate might change over time.
- Your plans for the future. Do you plan to buy a home where you are moving to? What are the chances you’ll return to Jacksonville? Is your family growing? These are just some of the questions we’ll discuss to help make the best decision for your family now and in the future.
Because we are both a real estate firm and a property management company, we do not have any ulterior motives to sway your decision one way or the other. Our goal is to simply give you valuable information and help you think through everything with the hopes of making this big decision a little less stressful.
Renting Your Home in Jacksonville
In addition to rental income, renting your home is a great way to build long-term equity. The thought of managing renters can be stressful for some homeowners, and that’s why we’ve structured our property management services to be as hands-on or hands-off as you want.
Our property management features include:
- Tenant screening process.
- We’ll provide a legally sound lease.
- 24/7 service department.
- Owners portal where you can see all maintenance invoices.
- We pay for inspections.
- We do not charge for eviction insurance.
- Year-end tax forms to report rental income.
- Any savings negotiated with our vendors is passed on to you!
We haven’t raised our property management fees in over ten years. Why? Because our main focus is helping military families. Plus, if you purchased your home with us, we’ll waive the placement fee altogether.
Selling Your Home in Jacksonville
There are many reasons you may decide to sell your property. For example, if you plan to buy a house where you are moving, selling your home here in Jacksonville can be a great way to secure cash for your down payment. No matter what your reason for selling, we can help.
- Do a walkthrough. We will come walk the property and give our advice on quick and easy things you can do to help your home sell quickly, i.e. staging the interior, pressure washing the exterior, new paint, and fresh mulch.
- Schedule an inspection. Ordering an inspection on the frontend can help you prepare for and mitigate what might come up in a buyer’s inspection. An inspection will identify minor issues you can proactively fix, like replacing outlets and unclogging drains, as well as prepare for how to respond to any major issues.
- Set a price. Selling your home can be emotional. We bring unemotional, unbiased, expert advice based on the current market and your specific home.
We’re Here For You.
At Hover Girl Properties, we are intentionally different in how we do business. We stay true to our mission to make life easier for military families.
Whether it is helping you sell or rent your home, our goal is to make your transition as smooth and stress-free as possible. We even have a network of realtors in popular military locations that we can connect you with to help you find your next new home.
Give us a call to see how we can help you enjoy all the benefits of military relocation with none of the hassles!