The statistics are in! With nearly 2,700 more closed sales than 2014, Jacksonville’s housing market in 2015 saw much growth. Here are 5 things you may not know about the Jacksonville housing market.
2015 Statistics for Jacksonville and its surrounding areas:
- The average sales price was $212,210. This is up 5.7% from 2014. The median sales price was $170,000, which is up 6.9% from 2014.
- There were over 26,600 closed sales in 2015. The top three regions with the most sales were Jacksonville’s Southside (3,428 sales), Mandarin/Bartram (2,599 sales) and Northwest St. Johns County (2,228 sales).
- Homes that were in foreclosure or short sale comprised 7% of the market. This is down 11.1% from 2014.
- Nocatee is the 3rd best selling community in the United States.
- Realtor.com issued a 2016 housing forecast, claiming “new home construction and moderate gains in the existing home market will deliver a one-two punch that pushes total home sales to the highest levels since 2006.”